The Cool Sharks Fall Team is a developmental swim team focused on stroke and technique instruction and endurance training. It's a smaller more laid-back version of our Summer Team, and a perfect way to start as a new Cool Shark, keep swimming if you already miss it, or stay in shape for school swim season. There will be one end-of-season meet on Saturday September 9th at Garden Hills at 9:00 am (this is our only meet for the season - it is an invitational with all the other fall league teams).
- Swimmers must be 5 years old by 8/1/23 (exceptional 4-year-olds may be allowed at the coach's discretion only if strong and confident swimmers able to meet the requirements below).
- All swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards across the deep end of the pool without assistance or holding onto the lane ropes (all practices will be in the deep end and swimmers will be expected to swim multiple laps independently during a practice session). The coaches will evaluate the swimmers during the first week of practice (all new 8&u swimmers should attend the Beginner Practice on 8/1 and 8/3 for their evaluations). Swimmers who are determined to not be ready will be withdrawn from the program and receive a full refund.
- All families will be expected to volunteer at the end-of-season meet if attending.
- Families with an outstanding balance on their account from a previous season will not be allowed to register until the balance is paid in full.
- Swimmers do not need to be a member of the Garden Hills Pool or the Cool Sharks Summer Swim Team in order to participate.
7/15-7/31 (late registration on a space-available basis 8/1-8/15). Returning families from Summer 2023 should log in before registering. New families will register without logging in, then create an account and a password after registration.
8/1 - 9/9
Click HERE. Swimmers are assigned to age groups based on their age as of 8/1/2023 (this is the ASA fall league cutoff date).
Fee Structure for the 2023 Fall Season:
- Cool Sharks Registration Fee: $175 per swimmer
- ASA League Fee: $28 per swimmer (includes $1.50 convenience charge)
- SwimTopia Technology Fee: $2.75 per swimmer (charged once per year)
*Registration fees include a non-personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap for new swimmers. Team t-shirts (the same as our Summer Team shirts) will be available for purchase during registration.
If your swimmer's age group is full, you will be see a message during registration, along with a link to register for the wait list. Your swimmer's name will be added to the wait list in the order in which you register. Openings on the team will be filled first with returning Cool Sharks and their siblings, then with former Shark Pups, and then with new swimmers. If you register for the wait list and would later like your name removed (which you may do without penalty at any time before being placed in an opening), please email your request to [email protected]. Once your child has been placed in an opening and your card has been charged, you will be subject to the refund policy below.
- Partial refunds of $125 will be given through the first week of practice (until 8/5).
- Partial refunds of $50 will be given through 8/15.
- ASA registration fees will be refunded in full through 8/15.
- Full refunds will be given to any swimmer who is determined by the coach to not yet be ready for the team.
- Payment processing fees are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be given after 8/15.