Registration link will be posted on the HOME PAGE at noon on March 8th.
- March 1 - Summer Team priority registration (for returning Cool Sharks team members and siblings) private registration link will be emailed on 3/1 and go live at noon
- March 8 - Summer Team open registration (for new families) public registration link will be posted on the home page at noon
Returning Cool Sharks family = any family in good standing who registered and participated on a 2022 Cool Sharks Swim Team (Summer or Fall), including siblings. DOES NOT include former Shark Pups (unless they are a Cool Shark sibling or participated on Fall Team), Dive Team, or families who cancelled 2022 registrations without participating. DOES NOT include 2022 Cool Shark Summer Team families who did not participate in meets or did not meet their volunteer obligation or pay the volunteer fine (these families are not considered to be in good standing).
- Swimmers must be 5 years old by 5/31/2023.
- Swimmers should be able to put their face in the water and swim 25 yards (across the deep end) without stopping while using their arms and kicking. Older swimmers should already have a basic knowledge of freestyle and backstroke.
- All new swimmers (8 & under) must attend a swim evaluation. Evaluations will be held April 11th-13th at Garden Hills Pool. Please click HERE for more information about our new swimmer evaluation. Please do not wait until after the evaluation to register your child! If you child does not pass, your registration will be refunded, but if you wait, registration will likely be full.
- Swimmers must attend practices to participate in meets.
- All families are required to volunteer (click HERE for volunteer policy).
- Families with an outstanding balance on their account from a previous season will not be allowed to register until the balance is paid in full.
- Swimmers do not need to be a member of the Garden Hills pool in order to participate.
NEW THIS YEAR: Meet participation is an expectation for our team. Swimmers who did not participate in meets in 2022 will not be given priority early registration status as a returning member in 2023. This will continue to be the policy again this season.
5/1 - 6/29
Click HERE. Swimmers are assigned to age groups based on their age as of 5/31/2023 (this is the ASA league cutoff date).
Fee Structure for the 2023 Summer Season:
- Cool Sharks Registration Fee: $225 per swimmer ages 5-12; $125 per swimmer ages 13-18
- ASA League Fee: $37 per swimmer (includes $2 convenience charge) - this fee increases to $57 on 4/16
- SwimTopia Technology Fee: $2.75 per swimmer
*Registration fees include a personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap, t-shirt, drawstring meet bag, and a team bag tag.
Late registration may be offered on a very limited space-available basis after 4/15. However, it is expected that all groups will close early this year (before 4/15).
*Late Registration will include a non-personalized silicone Garden Hills swim cap only (t-shirt, meet bag, and bag tag subject to availability)
If your swimmer's age group is full, you will see a message during registration, along with a link to register for the wait list. Your swimmer's name will be added to the wait list in the order in which you register. Openings on the team will be filled first with returning Cool Sharks and their siblings, then with former Shark Pups, and then with new swimmers. If you register for the wait list and would later like your name removed, please email your request to [email protected]. Once your child has been placed in an opening and your card has been charged, you will be subject to the refund policy below. Be sure to attend a new swimmer evaluation by 4/13 to be eligible for placement on the team.
- Full refunds, minus a $25 administration fee per swimmer, will be given before 4/15 if we are able to fill your spot with another swimmer from the waitlist.
- Partial refunds of $100 will be given through the first week of practice (until 5/6).
- Partial refunds of $50 will be given before the first meet (5/30).
- Payment processing fees are non-refundable.
- ASA League Fees will be refunded if a swimmer withdraws before the first meet (5/30). ASA convenience charges are non-refundable.
- SwimTopia Technology Fees will be refunded if a swimmer withdraws before the first meet (5/30).
- Children who do not pass the swim test by the last evaluation (4/13) will have their registration automatically cancelled and receive a full refund (except convenience and processing fees).
- No refunds will be given after 5/30.
A Note About Refunds
We were very generous with refunds during the pandemic. However, by now we all know the situation. Uncertainty is the new normal. Variants may come and go. All children in our programs are now eligible for vaccines, which do an excellent job of preventing severe illness. Starting in 2022 we will only offer exceptions to our refund policy if the entire team shuts down due to COVID. Otherwise, if the team is still active the refund policy above will apply. Please consider the current COVID situation and your family's risk comfort level to make your personal participation decision before the refund deadlines.
Thank you for understanding.